Monday 3 February 2014

Norah Wellings Paintings and Soccer Player

Oh dear what can I say this was meant to be my Happy New Year article!! Here we are at the beginning of February. I hope you all enjoyed the Festive Season it seems so far away now especially with Easter Eggs now in the shops.  I do hope that 2014 will be A Good Year for all of you and sorry for the delay.

 I thought I would show what Norah Wellings items I bought during last year but then  I couldn't remember buying anything. I knew that couldn't possibly be true and as we have just moved I hadn't unpacked everything until a few weeks ago and low and behold I unpacked two wonderful paintings by Norah Wellings. I believe the roses is an earlier work judging from her signature and the pot of flowers painted in her retirement.  There is a similar painting in my book using the same table in the later painting. I am thrilled to bits with them especailly as I enjoyed seeing Norah Wellings garden which was very special to her in retirement and her roses were a favourite , I hope you enjoy seeing them.




The other purchase  is a cute little soccer player only 6 1/2 inches tall from the Norah Wellings Novelty Range model 1167 he first appeared in an unmarked catalogue that looks to be 1939/40. I was told by the former Manager  that the first ones were sold wearing Wolverhampton colours. Other colour outfits were made later. These do not appear in any of the 1950 catalogues.



I am amazed I got through last year with only these Norah Wellings purchases, I wonder what this year will bring!

Happy Hunting

1 comment: